Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Temptation coming up?

I'm just in the process of organising my son's 7th birthday party for this coming sunday. I'm catering for 19 kids and plan on not buying ready made food but to get it all together myself.

Jason's birthday invitation - had fun designing this one

The menu I've came up is:

Turkish sticks with ham, cheese and pineapple
fruit kebab sticks
sausage rolls
sm shaved ham, cabanossi, block cheese, carrot, celery sticks platter with hommus dip
white chocolate crackles
meatballs
sandwiches
pikelets
Jam and cream sponge birthday cake and cupcakes

It's going to be fun getting some of this together on Saturday and can only just imagine the smells but just have to be strong. I have found it easy not to have the kids leftovers by just saying no and remembering the reasons why I am doing this in the first place and the gorgeous clothes I'm going to buy when I get to my goal weight, but, the biggest main reason is for my health and to prevent problems that could arise from being overweight.

No comments: