Sunday, February 27, 2011

what?? No ketosis?

Had a lovely day with the kids as we had gone out for lunch (Dad got to have a whole quiet house to himself).  Went back to the Indonesian restaurant and ordered the Udang Bumbu Bali which consisted of prawns, sugar peas, onion, capsicum and pineapple tossed in Balinese sauce and a slight touch of chili and served on a sizzling plate. As per usual it was delicious. My 6 year old son ordered the Mi Goreng Special and it was massive and he actually was able to woof down more than half of it like there was no tomorrow! My 4yr old daughter just wanted her fruit toast with jam, that does her just fine.

I took one of those tests that you can check to see if you are in ketosis state and unfortunately it came up negative! I was really hoping it showed that I was slightly in ketosis but it was not to be. I'm going to be very strict with myself these next few days and check again.

Looking forward to my treadmill workout and the Biggest Loser weigh in. I will do a little mid week weigh in myself and see if I'm still on track.

Before I go here is a couple more tasty dinners I made last week:

Fish with mushrooms and chilli & fish and soy sauce served on an avocado and green salad (with lime dressing)

TF wrap for pizza base, chilli beef, capsicum, mushroom, red onion and ricotta cheese

2 comments:

Lise said...

Hi Terri,

Ive just added your blog to my reader after searching for Tony Blogs. I'm starting on the programme tomorrow. You meals look FAB

Good luck, and I'm looking forward to reading your blog :)

Oh BTW, I read that Ketones only show up on the ketostix if you have EXCESS. It doesn't necessarily mean you aren't in ketosis, it may just indicate that you are using them all.

Terri said...

Thanks for clearing that up for me, that makes sense.Decided to rid of the sticks now LOL